The plumbing and pipes in our homes and businesses are vital to our health. They transport fresh water to our properties and transport waste water away. They do all of the work in the background, but sometimes they can also become damaged, and this can turn into a plumbing emergency. But, what if you don’t want to replace the piping? Is there another solution that is effective?
Why You Should Consider Pipe Coating
One of the big problems with leaking pipes is that they can be a real challenge to have fixed. This is especially the case if you’ve just bought an older property and the plumbing needs some serious attention. If you don’t want to spend the time and money on replacing every single pipe, is there anything else that you can do?
Pipe coating is a method of repairing pipes without all of the hassle of replacing them. An epoxy resin is often used to line the pipes and repair the damage. So, what are the benefits of pipe coating? Consider the following:
- More affordable: Fixing multiple problems with pipes can become a very expensive and time consuming exercise. If you don’t want the hassle of spending the money on your plumbing, but you need them fixed in a hurry, an epoxy coating can make them usable again. This is less expensive than replacing them.
- It’s permanent: You might think that epoxy pipe coating is inferior to pipe replacement because it seems to be a temporary solution. In fact, this is not the case at all. The epoxy used in pipe coasting is very strong and will certainly fix any leaks and prevent them from happening. It means that you can use the existing plumbing without having to worry about it leaking again where the epoxy resin is.
- Corrosion: One of the biggest issued with pipes is that they will corrode over time. This can lead to cracks and leaks. By coating the pipe with epoxy resin, it actually protects the metal against further corrosion, making for a permanent barrier.
- Less of a hassle: Calling in the plumber to fix your leaky pipes usually ends up in a big mess in your home. It can be messy work and is usually very disruptive. If you decide to have an epoxy coating used instead, it takes a lot less time and isn’t anywhere near as messy or destructive. In fact, it’s a lot easier for the plumber to line the pipe with epoxy instead of pulling it out and replacing it.
- Safer water: Just as the epoxy coating protects the metal piping against corrosion, it also prevents lead and other materials from entering the water. Because the metal is coated, none of these contaminants will enter the water. This is especially important in older properties where the pipes may corrode and leak contaminants into the water supply.
A Surprisingly Good Fix
If you have leaking and damaged pipes in your property, pipe coating is a surprisingly effective and permanent fix. It’s less messy, takes less time, and is generally more affordable than replacing pipes.