Micro-breweries have become really popular in recent years and they have become popular in part because they are very accessible to people. Many such breweries have walk-in traffic and even offer sit-down areas where people can eat and order drinks. This also means that the interior needs to be top-shelf in order to impress patrons.
Why Your Floor Really Does Matter
Brewery floors have to be tough and durable because of the working environment. They also need to be attractive in order to impress patrons and people walking through. Unfortunately, many breweries, both macro and micro, simply invest in a simple concrete floor and leave it at that. Here’s why that’s not the best solution:
- Pathogens: Did you know that an unsealed concrete floor is vulnerable to pathogens and mold growth? When there are spills on an unsealed concrete floor, the liquid seeps into the surface and is next to impossible to eliminate completely. This means that it becomes an ideal place for the growth of mold and other nasties. This is the last thing that you want on your brewery floor and can become a serious health hazard.
- Visuals: Concrete might be inexpensive and practical but it’s simply not very attractive. This make a real difference when there is so much other competition out there in the market and you need to impress visitors to your establishment.
Urethane Cement Is Your Flooring Answer
The brewery floor has to be strong, durable, resistant to bacteria, and attractive. This seems an awful lot to ask but there is a good answer: urethane cement. This sealed cement flooring offers the following benefits:
- Completely Sealed: Urethane materials have developed a lot in recent years and they are used in a wide range of sealing applications. Modern urethane cement incorporates the latest urethane technology and provides a completely sealed surface. This means that despite any spills on your brewery floor, there is no chance that they will seep into the surface and become a trap for mold and bacteria growth. This also means that your workers, your products, and your customers are safe.
- Thermally Durable: Working floors need to be able to withstand a range of thermal changes without being compromised. Urethane cement is hardy and can withstand sudden changes in temperature.
- Quick to Install: If you have an existing floor, the good news is that urethane cement is quick to install.
- Adhesive Qualities: You need to know that your investment is going to be cost-effective for the long term. Urethane cement has excellent adhesive qualities, which means that it’s going to be a great long-term investment that will perform for many years to come.
A Better Workplace
It’s hard enough to compete in the modern market without having to worry about your brewery flooring. Urethane cement offers many benefits including superior adhesion, rapid install, chemical and thermal resistance, and visual appeal. Your brewery floor needs to work hard for many years and you need a flooring solution that will offer that and more.